Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet

Article about: Hello, I’m still trying to learn about MKII helmets and their colours, here’s a camo MKII which I wouldn’t buy but that's just my opinion. What do you think of this helmet, am I right to be

?

Default Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet

Hello,

I’m still trying to learn about MKII helmets and their colours, here’s a camo MKII which I wouldn’t buy but that's just my opinion. What do you think of this helmet, am I right to be cautious? WW2 British 1939 BEF 1st Pattern Camouflaged Steel Helmet Good Original | eBay

As I’m inexperienced with WWII gear I might think differently after an in hand inspection, so perhaps it’s just a combo of a seller who at times appears to have items that maybe questionable and that the helmet looks like a recently painted black home front MKII to me, or is it indeed a 75 year old original painted after Dunkirk when helmets were thin on the ground?

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet   Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet  

Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet   Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet  

Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet  

?

Fake, as usual from this seller.

I agree a black homefront lid pimped with fake camo.

The seller is a well known purveyor of enhanced items and should be avoided on principle even on the odd occasion when he sells untouched items.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Fake, as usual from this seller.
    Is this from a certain UK trader ?

I saw this one and nearly fell off the sofa with the audacity of selling such a plainly obviously fabricated helmet. A decent Home Front lid ruined. Leon.

Quote by SMP View Post
    Is this from a certain UK Militaria seller ?
    If you click on the highlighted link it takes you to the seller, but it is obvious to any who collect such whom it will be and probably the one you are thinking of.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SMP
    ?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    If you click on the highlighted link it takes you to the seller, but it is obvious to any who collect such whom it will be and probably the one you are thinking of.
    Ah ! Yes !

A new camo every week.

SMP
    ?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet   Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet  

Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet   Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet  

?

Thanks to all of you for the confirmation, didn't know he had them that often.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I saw this one and nearly fell off the sofa with the audacity of selling such a plainly obviously fabricated helmet. A decent Home Front lid ruined. Leon.
    Leon, it wasn't that difficult to spot but also not that easy for me but hopefully I'm getting there Mind you, I'd never spot one of those dodgy Malta helmets.

Tony

?

Speaking of Malta cammos there's another one for sale on flea bay,looks original to me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast