Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet

Article about: Hello, I’m still trying to learn about MKII helmets and their colours, here’s a camo MKII which I wouldn’t buy but that's just my opinion. What do you think of this helmet, am I right to be

Quote by pluto View Post
    Speaking of Malta cammos there's another one for sale on flea bay,looks original to me
    Have got a link or item number to save me searching for it?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Regards,

Jerry

?

So what do you think?

Not obviously a fake, but I need to spend more time looking at the pictures to make a 100% call.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet   Camouflaged MKII Brit helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Hi tony ,nice to see you've join the gold club mate this seller has a few nice items and a few bad one's but on the whole i would say his stock is good ,im familiar with him on the bay but im just wondering if you think these helmets are enhanced in house so to speak or is he innocently buying them in to sell on without realising or im i being a bit naive here
    thanks james

?

Last week a friend of mine sent me pictures of a Malta camo and it looked the real deal, rust the right colour and all that ,the only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that the top bolt head retained all the colour and also the top of the rim was not worn at all while the bottom of the rim was,when I told him this he admitted that he did it himself about ten years ago and what he did was that he painted the helmet on a rusty shell without sanding it so when the rust came out again it wasn't orange in colour but really dark brown ,if it wasn't for those tell tale signs I mentioned I would have sworn it was real,like somebody said on this forum somewhere,if one dosen't have the provenance or at least the helmet in hand one shouldn't risk spending 100's on something that might not be real

?

Well, now that Jerry posted those large photos where you can actually see the fine details,It's really starting to resemble the one that my friend sent me pictures of ,it looks to me like it's repainted on rust as the paint seem to be falling off,but of course that's just my opinion and I'm no expert

A lot of flaking along the edges of the sand camo overpaint. Perhaps not good after all. I looked at aunmessed with helmet on the weekend, original pale rusty colour and cheap which with an overpaint would have looked very like this though it was the same inside and out whilst this does not seem so rusty on the inside. All the rusty ones I have are much the same inside and out. from memory.

the money these malta camo's now fetch and the number you see on a seemingly regular basis these days will always make them a risky proposition.
    Regards,

Jerry

I notice two bidders have pushed this up to over £140 now with over 4 days to go so they seem keen
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    If you click on the highlighted link it takes you to the seller, but it is obvious to any who collect such whom it will be and probably the one you are thinking of.
    I met him once at a show years ago, he was admiring my watch and showed me his Rolex.....Believe it or not, that was also a fake.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast