Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anybody offer some info? MK1 Brodie Helmet

Article about: Good afternoon all, I've just acquired this helmet, I believe it be a mk1 Brodie with Royal Artillery insignia, would anybody differ? What I really want to know is if this could be from the

Default Can anybody offer some info? MK1 Brodie Helmet

Good afternoon all,
    I've just acquired this helmet, I believe it be a mk1 Brodie with Royal Artillery insignia, would anybody differ? What I really want to know is if this could be from the North Africa conflict? The shell is dated 1939 and the chinstrap lugs are dated 1938 which makes me suspect it would be a bit too early for North Afrika as Mk11's where in use by then. The shell does appear that be painted in desert colours so if anyone could offer some info I would be very interested to hear it.

Thanks!

Tom.Can anybody offer some info? MK1 Brodie HelmetCan anybody offer some info? MK1 Brodie HelmetCan anybody offer some info? MK1 Brodie HelmetCan anybody offer some info? MK1 Brodie Helmet

Hmmm, those photos don't show the colour very well, they make it look more rusty than the tan it is. I'll try and get a better one.

The insignia looks rather 'fresh' in this shot as well.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi Tom, Its a Mk2, the paint looks old, but the flash looks new? Making me feel it's be done to look like an RA flash, although the flash is round the wrong way.

Thanks guys, it's a good point about the badge being the wrong way around... I've taken a close of the flash, your right it does seem fresh in comparison but the rust speckling coming through the paint is coming through the flash as well suggesting its been on a while?

Can anybody offer some info? MK1 Brodie Helmet

Sad to say but I think the flash has been added to a semi relic MKII shell. The orientation of the RA flash is that used post war, a simple mistake to make.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

As said a semi relic MKII with a recently added flash to probably try and raise the price.

Not to worry, it's all part of the learning process. At least it's not big money I'm playing with! Thanks gents.