Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Canadian 1940 DATED MkII

Article about: So I take it 1940 was the first year they produced the Mk2 in Canada? Here's a 1941 dated one.

?

Thanx Dean I did not know this little tid bit of info Taka I have collected many things over the years but have been trying to strictly concentrate on Canadian and commonwealth WW II and Korean war era items the last year and a half or so if you enjoy collecting C-/l\ broad arrow war time dated items check out the new raffle I have just donated some P-37 gear as prizes.

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for the kind comments.

The British Para Bade is a double lugged style (Which I think an early version).

The U.S. camo shirt is in fact an Army pattern instead of the usual U.S.M.C pattern.

I like Canadian stuff, especially anything with a C Broad Arrow. Get kind of "crazy excited" when I see them, lol.

What kind of field do you collect, by the way? I collect mostly WWI~WWII U.S., British/Canadian, Japanese and German related.

Regards,
    Taka
    Hi Taka I am assuming by the tag the camo in question is a shirt does it still have the depot tag and or war time dated and if this truly is the army issued variation as used for a short time in the ETO just after D-day they are very desirable and quite rare.
    Double lugs on the para cap badge could denote war time issue better pictures would be needed of the front and back though to be positive.
    And as to the green painted liner in the MK II for some reason I have the thought stuck in my head this was done very early post war I will check my reference material tonight after work as I am not 100% positive about this and I am out of time as I need to get my ass in gear or I will be late.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Hi Taka I am assuming by the tag the camo in question is a shirt does it still have the depot tag and or war time dated and if this truly is the army issued variation as used for a short time in the ETO just after D-day they are very desirable and quite rare.
    Double lugs on the para cap badge could denote war time issue better pictures would be needed of the front and back though to be positive.
    And as to the green painted liner in the MK II for some reason I have the thought stuck in my head this was done very early post war I will check my reference material tonight after work as I am not 100% positive about this and I am out of time as I need to get my ass in gear or I will be late.

Regards Mark K
    The U.S. Army camo shirt has a two large front pockets (same as the HBT type but with camo and "plastic" type buttons"), the camo has extra yellowish color which is not on the usual U.S.M.C. color (Unfortunately there is no tag). I have also a complete mint U.S. Jungle camo coverall with an original tag still on. I have been collecting for about 6 years and most of my collections are U.S. stuff. It is very interesting to know the CDN Mk.II were repainted post war.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Hi Taka the shirt sounds very intriguing and the color was somewhat different on the army HBT's that were issued to soldiers in the ETO and used for a short time just after D-day if memory serves me correct the greens should be a little darker as well the devil will be in the details and better pictures should tell all.
    I am positive I have a link on my lap top to a different forum were these are covered in good detail I will look this evening after work

Regards Mark K

Hi Mark,

I have one more close-up shot of the camo shirt. Hope it helps you a little.

I think these army camo might be used in the Pacific Theater. There were lots of army guys fought in the Pacific.

Regards,
    Taka

?

I have a few helmets myself, I should really go through them.

DeCanadian 1940 DATED MkIIan O

?

Yes you are correct of course as to this pattern being worn in the pacific theater but as soon as you mentioned army issued it caught my attention I will have a close look once I get home hard to make out a lot of detail on my phone

Regards Mark K

Hi Dean,

Looks like you have a nice CDN Tanker there.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Yes it is mint and unissued, the liner is not in it, but I have an unissued one of those also..somewhere!!!!

Dean O

Here you go...1940 CL/C Batch #1. Old pics, but it is still in my collection. Has the C broad arrow stamp too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1940 DATED MkII   Canadian 1940 DATED MkII  

Canadian 1940 DATED MkII   Canadian 1940 DATED MkII  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast