Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian 1941 DATED MK I

Article about: Thanx Aaron I was pleasantly surprised by this helmet its a keeper. Regards Mark K

?

Default Canadian 1941 DATED MK I

Morning Gents another recent pickup on the norm I am not much for minty helmets I like mine a little salty and used but the seller offered me two helmets at a price that was hard to say no to and as Canadian 41 dated Mk I helmets do not come up for sale often I thought I had better give her a new home.
    The helmet is a 1941 dated Mk I manufactured by General Steel Wares Toronto ( G.S.W. ) steel batch code " O " and it will be sporting a Viceroy liner
    It comes with a nice later second variation of the two tone camo net which with out the thick merrowed outer edge which looks to be in fairly decent condition I can only see a couple of light wear marks on the net were it has been rubbing on the rim of the helmet all and all a nice lid I will post some more images of the Manufacture stamps and the liner once it arrives in the mail thanks for looking.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1941 DATED MK I   Canadian 1941 DATED MK I  

?

Very nice and yes not all too common!

?

Thanks Doug I am starting to think I need help I have a problem is there a helmets therapy group out there you can direct me to my regular doctor/therapist seems a little off

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images Canadian 1941 DATED MK I 

A WWII Mk I? That's pretty unusual. Nice find.

?

Not as unusual as one might think for GSW I have seen quite a few over the years.

Regards Mark K

?

Nice one, look forward to better pics when it comes.

?

Thanx Aaron will do when she gets here will shoot you off a PM later you have a couple of items I need to complete a helmet

Regards Mark K

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    A WWII Mk I? That's pretty unusual. Nice find.
    All the early WW2 Canadian helmets are marked as MKI's not sure when this stops if at all. My 42 dated is stamped as a MKI.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1941 DATED MK I  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

The helmet arrived in the post yesterday so I thought I would share a few more pics upon receiving it I carefully removed the net for a few more pictures upon initial inspection it became clear that the net is of the first variation with the heavy merrowed edge not the later second variation.
    I was expecting from the sellers description to find a fairly minty helmet and net when in fact they both look well used with some nice patina and age about them which is fine by me
    IMO the net has been on this helmet for many years it retained its memory and shape once I removed it and it has left a ghost of an image on the shell it is well worn and broken through on quite a few spots along the rim .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1941 DATED MK I   Canadian 1941 DATED MK I  

Canadian 1941 DATED MK I   Canadian 1941 DATED MK I  

?

Always nice to see that ghost imprint of the net on the paint.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast