Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian 1943 dated C.L./C. Mk II

Article about: I was quite happy to be able to add this Mk II to my collection last week the helmet body was manufactured by C.L./C. and is dated 1943 steel batch lot #10 and has a nice used patina and fee

?

Default Canadian 1943 dated C.L./C. Mk II

I was quite happy to be able to add this Mk II to my collection last week the helmet body was manufactured by C.L./C. and is dated 1943 steel batch lot 10 / and has a nice used patina and feel about it.
    It is sporting a 1942 VMC liner in a size 7 1/8 I had to have this one for my collection as it was the one production year I needed to complete my line up of C.L./C. helmet bodies .
    In September of 1942 the last contract to produce Mk II helmet bodies was awarded to C.L./C. there contract was not completed by years end so consequently the last 90,000 will be found date stamped 1943 and will have an odd mix of steel lot batch numbers which makes this helmet body quite hard to find do to low production numbers.
    The other thing I found interesting was that it had the soldiers service number rank and name written on the interior on a piece of medical tape( R 222031 LAC Moses C,L R.C.A.F. Bella Bella BC,) thanks for looking.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 1943 dated C.L./C. Mk II   Canadian 1943 dated C.L./C. Mk II  

Canadian 1943 dated C.L./C. Mk II   Canadian 1943 dated C.L./C. Mk II  

Last edited by Mark K; 02-26-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Ahh the Mk II A lovely helmet and good addition to your collection mark
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

?

Thanx Matt this one has eluded me for some time now I never see C.L./C's with this production date ever come up for sale in the market place.

Regards Mark

I see it has no chinstrap but I am sure you have one to add to it?
    Best Regards Matt

?

I have a couple kicking around and I am in the middle of purchasing a couple more chin straps and other components from a friend back East .

Regards Mark

I think i will Mark that Mark II a ten out of ten very good condition Mark
    Best Regards Matt

Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing this fantastic 1943 dated Mk.II !!

Very very nice!

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Thanx Taka I was quite excited to be able to add it to my collection I know have representation of every Canadian Mk II manufacturer and production date in my collection including variations I will post up my G.S.W. flashed helmet tonight with the rare A P steel batch code.

Regards Mark

?

Nice one

?

Thanx Aaron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast