Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Canadian 42 C.L./C. Mk II

Article about: Evening gents the post man was kind enough to deliver this little gem to me today although the 42 C.L./C. was the most widely produced Canadian Mk II of the second world war and I have a few

?

Thanx Aaron I have been very lucky as of late and have come across some very nice Canadian Mk II's
    I am currently waiting on a wardens helmet a G.S.W. 41 and a C.L./C. 40 to arrive in the mail will post up some images when they arrive.

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    A super collection of netted & un-netted lids, & a black shiny one hiding away in the corner, HCRAC.
    Here are a couple of pictures of that black and shiny HCRAC you were referring to Aaron.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 42 C.L./C. Mk II   Canadian 42 C.L./C. Mk II  

Hi Mark,

Is your Tanker's chinstrap a black webbing? If so, a first one for me.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Morning Taka yes the chinstrap on this example is black webbing and although nicely C-/l\ marked in three separate locations it lacks the Safety Supply Co of Toronto manufactures stamp as well.

Regards Mark

Cool example !

Thank you for showing, now you might need a pair of goggles and radio set to complete it.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Working on it Taka the goggles are on there way slow boat from Greece as to the radio set I was thinking the same thing my self and was going to start to look around to see if I could locate a set.

Regards Mark

Hi Mark I have been admiring your Canadian helmets here and on Jerrys sticky thread.
    Please excuse me for not commenting but believe me I have been very interested in them and the useful information you share about them with us.
    May I ask a question and it might be a daft one, do all Canadian M11 helmets have this type of dome liner bolt and nut. The reason I ask is that I have one with a smaller dome headed screw bolt and normal hexagon nut underneath.
    Its a G S W D P &H With a V M C I 1942 liner . don't know how it finished up over here.
    thanks in advance
    Rod

?

Hi Rod thanks for your comments sorry for the late reply for some reason I am not receiving notification to some of the threads I have started and or commented on.
    As to the liner retention nut and bolt ( securing bolt )the Canadian Mk II retained the Mk I style liner securing bolt and dome style nut through out it's 1940-1943 production run with out change..
    Iam currently working on a fairly lengthy thread that will explains the finer details, differences and manufacturers of the Canadian Mk II, and it's components I hope to have it completed in the next week or so.

Regards Mark

Hi Mark,

Looking forward to read your post.

Cheers!
    Taka

P.S.: I'm going back to Japan today, and will post some of my collections around next week.

?

Thanks Taka I have been working on it for some time now and should have it completed soon .
    Have a safe trip looking forward to seeing some of your collection my friend.

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast