Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian DR helmet conversion to Para

Article about: Hello all. I understand this helmet is a conversion but I'm wondering about the leather harness. Could it be surplus WW2, surplus postwar or repros? These were done late 40's - 50's. I have

Default Canadian DR helmet conversion to Para

Hello all. I understand this helmet is a conversion but I'm wondering about the leather harness. Could it be surplus WW2, surplus postwar or repros? These were done late 40's - 50's. I have seen the these type on WW2 lids.
    thanksCanadian DR helmet conversion to ParaCanadian DR helmet conversion to ParaCanadian DR helmet conversion to Para

Have to say, you'd be a lucky fella if that's WW2 surplus.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Have to say, you'd be a lucky fella if that's WW2 surplus.
    Read these were done by Canadian military with some sources saying surplus WW2.

Sorry I shouldn't have chimed in, I just wrote you'd be lucky as I'd like one too

I was in Aussie for 5 months back in 1983 and still don't understand any of you lol!

SMP
    ?

The straps are post-war made by the Canadians especially for their Rapid Reaction Force para helmets . The two lines impressed on the leather are typical.

Very good info thanks, those lines are not on the WW2 stitched leather harness of similar design.

Perhaps some useful knowledge here - Post War Canadian Airborne Helmets | MilArt - Roger Lucy is a noted Canadian collector (author of TIN LIDS - Canadian Combat Helmets )