Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Helmet Net?

Article about: Hello, all! I have a Canadian helmet I am looking to complete. I have seen many MK helmets with camo nets and a field dressing package stuck under the netting. Would a certain type of nettin

Default Canadian Helmet Net?

Hello, all!

I have a Canadian helmet I am looking to complete. I have seen many MK helmets with camo nets and a field dressing package stuck under the netting. Would a certain type of netting and field dressing be best for use on a Canadian lid? Finally, can someone suggest a good source for what I am looking for?

Default Re: Canadian Helmet Net?

The classic Canadian helmet net was a brown/green half and half coloured net. These are not too hard to find, they show up on ebay every now and again. Even fairly recently, I saw a box full in a surplus store here.

It seems to have been mostly Shell Dressings that were kept under helmet nets. Field Dressings were smaller and carried in the specially made pocket on the BD trousers. Many men seemed to have carried the larger shell dressing as well.

Rob

Here's a quick couple of pics of a Canadian helmet net I have:

Canadian Helmet Net?Canadian Helmet Net?

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    The classic Canadian helmet net was a brown/green half and half coloured net. These are not too hard to find, they show up on ebay every now and again. Even fairly recently, I saw a box full in a surplus store here.

It seems to have been mostly Shell Dressings that were kept under helmet nets. Field Dressings were smaller and carried in the specially made pocket on the BD trousers. Many men seemed to have carried the larger shell dressing as well.

Rob
    Thanks for the reply, Rob!

If you happen to see anymore nets at that store near you, I would be more than willing to make it worth your while to pick one up for me!

There is also a knitted version of the brown/green net that has reinforced edges.

Canadian Helmet Net?Canadian Helmet Net?

Hello folks!

I am still on the look out for the accessories to finish my Canadian lid for my display and use with my high school class.

Three nets came up on ebay a few months ago, but I hesitated and missed out...

Since then, the ONLY two-tone Canadian net that I can find is on the Collector's Guild and is priced above $100!

I see shell dressings on ebay, but they also seem a little pricey at ~$50!

If anyone can guide me to a good source for both of these items, I'd really appreciate it! If anyone has extras of either they'd be willing to part with, PLEASE let me know!