Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Canadian made "Tommy" helmet

Article about: Hi Guys, here we have the classic "Tommy" helmet as worn by all British and Commonwealth troops in WW2. The maker markings are for A.G./.C.or Aluminum Goods Company Dated 1942. Eve

Default Re: Canadian made "Tommy" helmet

Thanks, you are the second person to tell me that which is interesting. I have also been told that much of this contract were supplied to the RCAF.

I bought this one here in the UK at a vintage vehicle rally for £10 some years ago now.

Cheers, Ade.

MERK
    ?

Yep, that`s correct. 66,600 of those made for the RCAF. It could be that`s why they are scarce here, maybe most stayed in the U.K.. Certainly true of the M.K.III`s..."Hen`s teeth" in Canada.... Cheers! ~MERK

And to add to your knowledge of Canadian Helmets, the liner would be made by Viceroy Manufacturing Co.(VMC), and the chinstrap would be made by Backstay Standards. Also, the remaining helmet manufacturer not mentioned yet is CL/C - Canadian Motorlamp Co. CL/C's seem to be the most abundant of the three manufacturers. GSW stopped producing combat helmets in 1942 and only produced DP & H helmets thereafter.

Great looking helmet by the way!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks, you are the second person to tell me that which is interesting. I have also been told that much of this contract were supplied to the RCAF.

I bought this one here in the UK at a vintage vehicle rally for £10 some years ago now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade , nice to meet you ! A very nice tenners worth

Chees Alan

Hi Guys, thanks for the exra info. I will add it to my collection cataloge notes.

Hi Allan, thanks! Glad you are enjoying the forum. It was a good buy.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Ade,

An exellent buy !! love the lid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2