Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Canadian Mk II brown and green three tone camo

Article about: Morning Gents I was lucky enough to secure a new Camo painted Mk II from a friend and advanced collector here in Canada. And an interesting helmet it is as Canadian camo painted Mk II helmet

?

The helmet arrived in the post last week so I thought I would share a few more pics with you gents and a few close ups of the exterior paint I have included a couple of images at the bottom for comparison of a British Camo painted Mk II that IMO the green color paint that was used is very similar to the color on my own example.
    It is suggested that this particular Mk II was used in the Italian Campaign.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Mk II brown and green three tone camo   Canadian Mk II brown and green three tone camo  

Canadian Mk II brown and green three tone camo   Canadian Mk II brown and green three tone camo  

Canadian Mk II brown and green three tone camo   Canadian Mk II brown and green three tone camo  

Canadian Mk II brown and green three tone camo  

Very nice example Mark don't think you could do better, that helmet has a nice used look to it.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

?

Thanks Matt I am quite happy with it just how I like my helmets used and not abused this one has lots of character .

Regards Mark

?

Hi Mark,great to see your updated pictures of the Helmet, I can see what you mean about the similar colours of the Italian used piece

?

Thanks Gary it is a very hard pattern to peg down to a specific theater of operation as this particular pattern was used every were from North Western Europe in 44 -45 to Italy and many points in between with any luck his service number and name might shed a few more details all and all an intresting Mk II and a very welcome addition to my collection.

Regards Mark

Dont know diddly squat about "camo" mk2's but looks a great lid to aquire,well done on snagging a real jewel in the crown.........

?

Hi Jake I have a few Camos in my collection and they are an absolute mine field to collect as a friend has reminded me on more than one occasion unless you have rock solid providence, ground dug and or period images of the soldier with the helmet the rest is all left up to the finer details such as paint ie... color, crazing,wear, patina and the pattern it self as one can truly never know when they were painted and can be a bit of a bugger to date as a fellow collector reminded me earlier this week.

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2