Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The Canadian Mk II and its components

Article about: This thread is meant to be a quick referral to the Canadian Mk II helmet and its components and only covers the basic facts. The information hear in was gathered from multiple on line source

?

Here's the helmet . Having a hard time posting photos

?

Joe,
    Thank you I have seen such size markings, sometimes on the interior of the helmet shell or rim - I have not seen any documentation relating to their application, so my best guess its some unoffiical practice, maybe as I suggested above to make it easier to tell at a glance the helmet's size.
    Roger

?

Thanks Roger I really appreciate it. I just received your book Tinlids. Really enjoyed it. Joe

?

Sorry for the late reply Joe and Roger between an exhaustive work schedule and renovations I have not been on line much as of late ...
    As to the yellow size markings I can confirm that they were indeed applied war time and I have seen them on most of my examples of Canadian produced ( VMC ) liners and as early as 1940 the stamp is always found on the interior of the liner and hidden from view and I speculate that this was done while prepping the materials needed to build the liners and well before the final manufacturing process so that the right sized components ie... liner band, cross straps and the cloth that was used for the liner would be properly sized before being married together .
    Here is an example of a 1942 dated liner sized at 6 3/4

Regards Mark

?

Thanks Mark. I Appreciate your help. I'll start another thread & try to post photos of the whole helmet. Joe

?

Hello!Thanks for this detailed Informations of this interessant Theme!

Hello, I have a quick question. Was the manufacturer logo, year, and batch number stamped on the exterior of the helmet as well as the interior? For example, this picture shows the logo, date, and batch number stamped on the outside of the helmet.The Canadian Mk II and its components

Sorry for posting in such an old thread, but I felt like it was unnecessary to start a new thread for one question that can correlate to this thread.

?

None of my three Canadian helmets have any sign of a stamping on the outside and two of them are by the same manufacturer and year. Maybe it was a one off manufacturing error.

Which reminds me. Why do I have still have all three?

The only helmets I have seen with the stamping visible on the outside are on uk shells and are the result of too heavy stamping, not by design
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

stamped the shell and then inserted it the wrong way into the press maybe? Never seen it on the outside either.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast