Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Navy Mk II with camo scheme ?

Article about: Gents I have recently seen this Mk II come up for sale and if it were not for the camo paint I would not ask for other opinions and give it a punt the liner is dated 1943 looks to have the M

?

Default Canadian Navy Mk II with camo scheme ?

Gents I have recently seen this Mk II come up for sale and if it were not for the camo paint I would not ask for other opinions and give it a punt the liner is dated 1943 looks to have the Mk II chinstrap with the closed center strut that is a little controversial among-st Canadian collectors weather it is early war or early post war and the liner securing bolt looks to be the correct larger 16 mm variation but the color of the camo paint is screaming at me post war applied but I thought I would ask for a couple of other opinions before I write it off it really is the color of the over paint I do not like any one have any thoughts.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Navy Mk II with camo scheme ?   Canadian Navy Mk II with camo scheme ?  

Canadian Navy Mk II with camo scheme ?  

?

Looks nice, but how to tell when it was done?
    I was going to bid for it as I have a Brit one similar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Navy Mk II with camo scheme ?   Canadian Navy Mk II with camo scheme ?  

?

hello
    very nice helmet(s) tinlid !!!

?

I rather like the lid myself and think the insignia is spot on Aaron it is as you say though that dam camo over paint how is one to really know it is not so much IMO that it has been camo painted as it is the color I find it rather odd and quite sharp and it looks to have possibly a primer or red base coat under the green an interesting helmet to be shur decisions decisions .

Regards Mark

The bright green appears to have been partly stripped as it sits in the area either side of and upon the the rank insignia. Dug out I assume and post rank insignia application done. An interesting lid and if the price was right tempting perhaps, though not for me unless I saw it local and in the hand.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanx Gents I believe you have both answered my question concerning this Mk II and I do believe my initial assessment of it being a post war camo painted shell are for the most part correct as to the navy painted insignia who can say for shur.

Regards Mark

?

Nice helmets Tinlid.

I am not too sure about this one though.