Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CanadianMk II black and white Camo

Article about: Morning gents I have come across this unusual camo Canadian Mk II helmet the owner feels that the helmet seen service in Holland in late 44 or 45 I know don't buy the story buy the helmet th

?

Default CanadianMk II black and white Camo

Morning gents I have come across this unusual camo Canadian Mk II helmet the owner feels that the helmet seen service in Holland in late 44 or 45 I know don't buy the story buy the helmet that is why I decided to post this one for some other opinions .
    My own thoughts are the liner and securing bolt looks to have been untouched since it was painted and IMO it is unmessed with but the camo pattern has me scratching my head some.
    I have spent the last week trying to find other Mk II's that have been camo painted in the same fashion and I am not having much luck.
    Any one ever see a Mk II painted in such a fashion before or seen any period images of a camo similar to this one in use .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CanadianMk II black and white Camo   CanadianMk II black and white Camo  

CanadianMk II black and white Camo  

That's very interesting, it a kind of primitive and negative version of this!.... kamouflage.net — Urban Camouflage Pattern

?

My thoughts as well Gunny possibly an urban camouflage I have been considering adding it to my collection original camo painted Mk II's are quite rare most were handed back in and or repainted and reissued.

Regards Mark K

Navy disruptive type is a possibility, but not seen another so only guessing really. It looks convincing as a period item, very cool.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Jerry It does have that been there done that look that I like so much well worn nice patina an interesting theory on the Naval disruptive pattern that thought had not even crossed my mind.

Regards Mark K

Interesting lid, never seen anything like this before, but my first thought would be Navy.

?

Hi Madds the camo on this one is quite odd and I rather like it myself I am leaning towards it being a period painted helmet it would have been nice to find another example out there or a period image to compare it to .
    The theory of it being a Navy helmet may be a possibility another avenue to look down as I have been researching Army Mk II camo patterns and helmets up to this point .

Regards Mark K

Could look like some sort of "dazzle" camo, which were used on ships in both world wars.

?

Thanks to all that replied I have spent the last couple of weeks looking at different Mk II helmets with painted camo patterns and period images and as of yet I have not found another helmet with a comparable camo scheme .
    This is of course not to say that this helmet was not period painted I do find it a bit of an enigma and an extremely interesting helmet and have decided to give it a new home and have just finalized the deal with the seller.

Regards Mark K

?

The helmet arrived in the post a few days ago and a couple of things are apparent as soon as one has it in hand at one time in its life it was a sand textured helmet there is still evidence of the texturing on the interior and chipped and flaked texturing on the exterior.
    The only markings visible on the liner is the size which is hidden from view it is a 7 1/8 the liner with out question I can positively ID as Canadian as it is fitted with steel wire clips to retain the rubber buffers on the lining band - a feature never found on British made helmets.
    It is fitted with the later second variation of the Mk II liner which was first introduced in late 1942 or early 1943 the position of the buffers and placement of the vertical bands was altered to allow a deeper more comfortable fit.
    The Viceroy manufacturers stamp and date can not be seen on the vertical bands it is very likely they will be found on the reverse side as seen on two of my other late war Mk II helmets that have liners that are dated 44 and 45 I will not be removing the liner as I do not want to break the paint on the liner retention bolt .
    All and all an interesting helmet which I am happy to add to my collection

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CanadianMk II black and white Camo   CanadianMk II black and white Camo  

CanadianMk II black and white Camo   CanadianMk II black and white Camo  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast