Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Car boot find.

Article about: Fakes & others, what I meant was the Irish helmets & the NHSR were often sold as WW2 helmets. The shells are probably, but the paint schemes on them are post war. Pretty sure it was

?

Default Re: Car boot find.

Fakes & others, what I meant was the Irish helmets & the NHSR were often sold as WW2 helmets. The shells are probably, but the paint schemes on them are post war.
    Pretty sure it was the not the job of the CD to dispose of bombs, but as you say the royal engineers.
    The poor old Zuckerman, some people don't like them but there are a few nice ones about.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Car boot find.   Car boot find.  

?

Default Re: Car boot find.

Indeed tinlid, the Irish ones were probably repainted several times since the war for parades. Notably the annual Easter parades. Possibly up to the sixties. They were still in use with the reserves until the eighties. I was issued one in 1980, interestingly though it was dark green. The one I own now still has it's original khaki colour internally. But the paint is definitely post war.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2