Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Causualty Service MKII

Article about: Morning gents, What are your thoughts on this one being sold on the bay? To me it seems very odd that a helmet that has "toned" down to a cream colour over time would show wear tha

Default Causualty Service MKII

Morning gents,
    What are your thoughts on this one being sold on the bay? To me it seems very odd that a helmet that has "toned" down to a cream colour over time would show wear that exposes the original white paint colour? If it had been lacquered back in the day, then that could have toned this way leaving the original colour "protected" underneath, but then that would not explain the wear, as that would clearly then be more recent? I have to admit to being wary of this one as it shows classic signs of fake ageing to me, what are your thoughts? Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Causualty Service MKII   Causualty Service MKII  

Causualty Service MKII  

?

Maybe its just that the kids were playing with it in the 1970's, 80's, 90's and hence the fresher scratches? Good vendor?

Oz.

Looks good to me, and as Oz mentions, just some newer damage causing the scratches is likely.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for your thoughts chaps, I guess that is quite possible, I am just very cautious when I see a helmet that shows wear that does not seem to be from the same time period. Leon.

NCA
    ?

It looks spot on to me..nice Chief CS helmet.Newer scratches not unusual, they have been kicking around for the last 75 years I have a couple of homefront lids where the white paint has yellowed like this...something to do with the old lead based formula?

My early cautiousness is clearly unfounded as it is up to £106.00 with five days still to go! I may have a "pop", but it looks like it will be a pricey lid! Leon.

Hi, Leon
    for me is good, look at this helmet, subsequent damage show a paint clearer.

cheers

Causualty Service MKIICausualty Service MKIICausualty Service MKII

SMP
    ?

That's a lovely looking CS helmet. Should fetch a decent amount. Good luck to anyone who is thinking of going for it !

£157.99 now and days to go, obviously a popular choice.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.