Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cdn 1942 dated C.L./C.

Article about: I came upon this little gem a couple of weeks back and had to give it a new home I have a small army of 1942 dated C.L./C's in my collection already but they all offer something a little dif

?

Default Cdn 1942 dated C.L./C.

I came upon this little gem a couple of weeks back and had to give it a new home I have a small army of 1942 dated C.L./C's in my collection already but they all offer something a little different to the party and I did not have this steel lot batch number yet ( 74 ) and the finish on the exterior is quite flat in comparison to other examples in my collection.
    It is sporting a 1943 dated VMC liner in a size 7 1/4 and a lovely C-/l\ stamped chinstrap take notice that the liner retention nut and bolt have been reversed which I do find on many Cdn Mk II helmets and IMO was done to stop the sharp side of the bolt from digging into ones skull.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cdn 1942 dated C.L./C.   Cdn 1942 dated C.L./C.  

Cdn 1942 dated C.L./C.   Cdn 1942 dated C.L./C.  

Cdn 1942 dated C.L./C.   Cdn 1942 dated C.L./C.  

Cdn 1942 dated C.L./C.  

MAP
    ?

Thumbs up. A nice clean one you have there!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very Nice MKII, Mark always nice to see helmets from your fine collection.

Matt

?

Thanx Matt and Michael I have such a soft spot for these Cdn Mk II's .
    Well ok any Mk II or any helmet in general for that matter but Cdn helms still remain my favorite subject to collect.

Regards Mark

A lovely example Mark, stunning.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice,
    I've some Canadians in my collection and I noticed that the production until 1941 are gloss dark green, while from 1942 forward are as colorful as your.

Roberto

?

Hi Roberto the shells that were produced from 1940 to early 1942 tend to be painted in a browner shade of khaki compared to shells from mid 1942-1943 which are base sprayed a more light olive drab.
    Have a look at the link below for color comparisons
    The Canadian Mk II and its components
    If they are a darker shade of green perhaps they have been repainted post war in OD gloss or semi gloss green.

Regards Mark

Thanks Mark,
    you are always accurate!
    Study well your post and identify them.

Roberto

?

Another nice one Mark, I think a lot of people in the Commonwealth had a thing about the nut & bolt. Whether civil defence or someone in the armed forces, they saw the bolt slightly protruding beyond the nut & though I'm going to turn it round the other way.
    But that's what the oval/cruciform pad was for.

That's a real beauty Mark, great buy, but if your going to start collecting batch numbers you better steer well clear of German lids. They run into the thousands! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast