Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Childrens Helmet

Article about: Good on ya Mick. Mystery solved. Regards, Andy

?

Default Childrens Helmet

This is on eBay, I have not seen anything like this before. What the heck is it?
    Child's Army Helmet. World War II? | eBay

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Childrens Helmet   Childrens Helmet  

Childrens Helmet  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: Childrens Helmet

During both wars many women (while their husbands were away at war) made cut down versions of uniforms for their sons. My father had a cut down U.S army uniform complete with side cap. The thing that strikes me as off is the odd little creases on the outer edge. Someone else may know what it is but I can only guess. My closest guess is it could be homemade but I'm unsure.

?

Go on to page 3, 1/4 of the way down Aussie Mick started a thread on childrens helmets.

?

Quote by MrMosel View Post
    During both wars many women (while their husbands were away at war) made cut down versions of uniforms for their sons. My father had a cut down U.S army uniform complete with side cap. The thing that strikes me as off is the odd little creases on the outer edge. Someone else may know what it is but I can only guess. My closest guess is it could be homemade but I'm unsure.
    Thanks, I have seen many M1 liners sold as children's helmets, oddly usually low pressure St Clair's or Hood Rubber. Maybe reject liners, the low pressure manufacturing process was a little complicated. But, never a British one like this. I think you may be correct and this is a home made effort. It's still a very strange thing.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Go on to page 3, 1/4 of the way down Aussie Mick started a thread on childrens helmets.
    Thanks tinlid. Any mods here to move this?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thats a cool one,Andy.
    I presume its British,because of its location,However ive not seen one with such a crinkled rim before,also i wonder what the drilled holes in the crown are for,usually these childrens lids dont have a liner,very interesting.
    I personally dont think it would be home made as such,because the crown is well formed and i think it would be a difficult thing to produce in the back shed.
    Thanks for posting it Mate
    Mick

?

I'm pretty sure I've seen these helmets before with the crinkle rim, not sure if there 1st or 2nd WW.

It could have been made for a toy doll, if not a child? Just a thought

Corey

?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    It could have been made for a toy doll, if not a child? Just a thought

Corey
    You could be onto something there Corey. A nine inch diameter is very small.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    You could be onto something there Corey. A nine inch diameter is very small.

Best Regards,

Andy
    They are definately Childrens Helmets,made so little Johnny can look just like dad in the war years.
    Here in Australia they were made by the company "Cyclops" a well known toy manufacturer.
    I just measured my Cyclops marked Childs Helmet and it too is only 9 inches across.
    Here are two pics,one showing the comparison with a normal size MkII,and the second showing one in use on its proud owners head.
    Cheers Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Childrens Helmet   Childrens Helmet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast