Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a Commonwealth MKII or a clone?

Article about: Does anyone know what this is? It has a strange liner and I have no info apart from the poor photos. The liner appears to be riveted in place, I've seen a similar one somewhere before but ca

?

Default Is this a Commonwealth MKII or a clone?

Does anyone know what this is? It has a strange liner and I have no info apart from the poor photos.

The liner appears to be riveted in place, I've seen a similar one somewhere before but can't remember where.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a Commonwealth MKII or a clone?   Is this a Commonwealth MKII or a clone?  

?

May have found it, a Dutch Zuckerman liner? .: World War Helmets - Casque Zuckerman :.

Tony

?

The liner looks to be a variant of the one used in the Dutch M16 and M34, I've never seen them fitted in a MKII before.
    Apparently there was a version fitted in Zuckerman helmets post war for CD, I would think this fits into that category. Interesting.

.: World War Helmets - Casque Zuckerman :.

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve, looks like we both found the same page A post war Dutch CD liner it is.

Tony

Correct. Early postwar Dutch liner in a MKII helmet, same as the Zuckermann helmet.