Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers

Article about: Here is a List of Helmet & Liner Manufacturers as a reference for quick identification of markings on Commonwealth WW2 - MkII Helmets and Liners. It has been compiled from various posts

?

Think these are only on BMB made liners, got plenty more but they are just to faded to read. You'll note one is on the back of one of the tongues, an BMB 1943 which they made in lighter material.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers   Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers  

Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers   Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers  

Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers   Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers  

why oh why oh why...is the pattern on my chromosomes........errrr....sorry but I still love that gag....why oh why do folk strip the paint around the strap retaining lugs on MkII lids in an attempt to reveal the makers stamps etc???

WITFP of defacing an historic piece to prove it's an historic piece?!!!!!!...it's not like they've taken a small sliver of paint for some techo-solution like Carbon dating (yes, I know) ....or to analyse the various colour schemes applied to work out the various users / applications........it's like putting Nitromors onto the Mona Lisa to see if it's painted on canvas rather than MDF for Petes sake!!!!! and if they do it to MkIIs why don't they do it to M35 SS DD with chicken wire, barbed wire, zelt-covered, Q-marked, stamped-strapped, no cheese hold the onions, German stuff??!!!!!!

Who in Sam Hill (who WAS Sam Hill?) do they think they are????......

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

.....well, I just wanted to know really.......no biggie.......

Quote by Composite View Post
    why oh why oh why...is the pattern on my chromosomes........errrr....sorry but I still love that gag....why oh why do folk strip the paint around the strap retaining lugs on MkII lids in an attempt to reveal the makers stamps etc???

WITFP of defacing an historic piece to prove it's an historic piece?!!!!!!...it's not like they've taken a small sliver of paint for some techo-solution like Carbon dating (yes, I know) ....or to analyse the various colour schemes applied to work out the various users / applications........it's like putting Nitromors onto the Mona Lisa to see if it's painted on canvas rather than MDF for Petes sake!!!!! and if they do it to MkIIs why don't they do it to M35 SS DD with chicken wire, barbed wire, zelt-covered, Q-marked, stamped-strapped, no cheese hold the onions, German stuff??!!!!!!

Who in Sam Hill (who WAS Sam Hill?) do they think they are????......

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

.....well, I just wanted to know really.......no biggie.......
    It is done on German helmets too. The hundreds of examples with "liberated decals". Removing period overpaint to expose a decal. Basically destroying a piece of history. Or removing original paint to read a maker mark or batch#. Taking a "Q tip" & removing 80 years of patina from a liner band to read the date. Untying a period tied knot from a tie string to read a dome stamp. The list goes on & on.

Three liners I picked up recently.....ANH, E&R and M&C...all nicely stamped and not overly common.......'helmets were nice-ish too

Now all we've got to do is find out who they were!

Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner ManufacturersCommonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner ManufacturersCommonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers

i saw this recently on another forum WWI Bury's makers mark over D for Dixons over Bury's trademark lion
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

An 1949 dated Mk2 liner, which unusually has an quality control stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers   Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers  

....thought they all stopped early in the war......

...another interesting issue that's been raised on another MkII thread here raises the question of stitching patterns on Rexene liner tongues.....(who said only German lids were interesting?!)

Here's three examples....which, from this day forth, shall be known as "Parallel", "Z" and "Box" - the question raised (elsewhere...but I think this topic belongs here) is what other patterns were there AND specifically was there a "X" stitching pattern on WW2 Brit liners?

I've worked through several hundred pics and can't find an "X"...but that doesn't mean much.....indeed, there may be many more styles

Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner ManufacturersCommonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner ManufacturersCommonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers

...what shapes you got?

...and yes, I know we need to allocate stitching patterns to liner manufacturers....which of course ASSUMES that the name on the liner frame stamp was the actual maker of the Rexene head support (but let's re-seal that Worm can for a moment)

(thanks Chris for the challenge!)

?

A Mk1 liner, with a paper sticker of, J.Compton Sons & Webb Ltd, over the normal stamp on the liner JCS&WLtd.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth MkII Helmet & Liner Manufacturers  

?

Good evening everyone, I was offered the purchase of this MKII in "desert" color.
    I'm not sure of the authenticity of the liner that I had never seen in the red model associated with this type of shell .. can someone help me in the correct dating? Is in your opinion a pertinent set ?? Thanks for your contributions ..

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast