Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cooee Aussies

Article about: by 4md sorry mick, i will post mine when i get a chance iv been meaning to post them for a while. I have 2 aussie helmets one of which is named regards Paul Hey Paul did you end up posting t

Default Cooee Aussies

Cmon Fellas,
    I seem to be the only member that regularly posts Australian Lids,which is probably not surprising seeing as that i live in Australia.
    But surely some of you Aussies here have some to show,
    And surely some other members have them too,dig em out and give us a look eh.
    I'm feeling lonely
    Mick

Default Re: Cooee Aussies

sorry Mick, you are not alone....one day I will work out how to post photos !!

We're all here Mick just not all collecting Oz stuff! Call it the cultural cringe or whatever, but I can remember in the 80's seeing tin lids for $10 each at the disposal stores and not even bothering about them. We wore $2 Korean war battle tunics to school in the 70's and $2 leather pilots caps & $10 leather jerkins from Kings Disposals in the city ( Sydney )

Dan

Quote by gunjack View Post
    sorry Mick, you are not alone....one day I will work out how to post photos !!
    Have a read here Mate,

New picture posting feature - How to guide !
    Look forward to seeing them,
    Cheers Mick

Thanks Rene,Wonderful items youve got there,Mate
    I guess i didnt go back far enough.
    Im really looking for Helmets though,so i can compare and note CS numbers and Broad Arrow letters,which seem to be somewhat varied.
    Thanks for the reply,i dont feel so alone now
    Mick

Here is mine from a little while ago.

MkII Helmet , named and with desert finish

I remember the days of $10 aussie lids and I would bother with em, if I could only find em now.

Just starting to get into Aussie stuff now actually. I might need your help again soon Rene!

Cheers
    Jason

4md
    ?

sorry mick, i will post mine when i get a chance iv been meaning to post them for a while. I have 2 aussie helmets one of which is named

regards Paul

Lol, most of my lids are German. Terry

Hi Mick,

I've previously posted my great-grandfathers 5VMR Boer War slouch hat, let me know if you are after a particular 2WW Unit and I'll try and help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast