Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

desert camo mk2

Article about: a few pics of my mk2

?

Default desert camo mk2

a few pics of my mk2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture desert camo mk2   desert camo mk2  

desert camo mk2   desert camo mk2  

An interesting lid for sure. Can you tell what the coating is and are there any markings on the shell or liner that you can photograph?

That looks very much like an "after market" nut and bolt holding the liner in place.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Great looking camo.

Hi, looks like quite a bit of sand has been mixed into the paint on application. I am not surprised that "chunks" have come away as it must be quite a brittle mix. A nice looking helmet for sure. Leon.

?

A very nice Mk II showing heavy sand texturing and I agree Mark that the liner retention nut and bolt are replacements but look right at home like they have been there for eons as the nut is quite rough looking with rounded of edges .

Regards Mark

The top looks burn to me or is it my eyes playing up

?

The top has very heavy soiling ,giving it a blacked finish ,this may have been caused by heat as the inner top pad looks almost melted and has gone rock hard like a ships biscuit.The helmet shell is dated 1939 on the lugs and the liner is j.c.s&w 1939