Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Despatch Raider helmet (1945)

Article about: Hello guys, for your opinions this "Despatch Raider" , I found with these glasses, that I think are the original ones. I think it an interesting helmet, production end war, well pr

Default Despatch Raider helmet (1945)

Hello guys,
    for your opinions this "Despatch Raider" , I found with these glasses, that I think are the original ones.
    I think it an interesting helmet, production end war, well preserved, probably never came out of the stores.
    Waiting for your comments.

regards
    Roberto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Despatch Raider helmet (1945)   Despatch Raider helmet (1945)  

Despatch Raider helmet (1945)   Despatch Raider helmet (1945)  

Despatch Raider helmet (1945)  
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 10-17-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Hi Roberto, I know nothing about these, but it looks like a nice original and probably un-issued helmet to me. Leon.

?

From about 1944 I think, they started painting them dark brown, as apposed to the khaki green ones.

Looks a nice size too.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Another fine helmet. I have seen quite a few late war dated examples that are in nearly mint condition. I assume that after the end of the war the numbers of Dr's was cut by quite a lot and many stayed in the stores. All in all a very nice example, I almost bought one recently but passed on it in the end, though I remember when these were so cheap that I regretted not buying one back in the day and I have yet to own one.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Jerry, they carried on making these through the 40's into the 50's, which is strange when you consider
    the amount of mint unissued wartime ones that can be found.
    Attached Images Attached Images Despatch Raider helmet (1945) 

Jerry, you're right, in fact today, in my part, these helmets have become expensive, that's why I bought many years ago when they were a good price.

Roberto