Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dodgy MKII on ebay

Article about: I don't know what to say, is getting really bad out there. I see this seller is often mentioned here and rightly so, camo etc... can fool even the seller, but trying to pass this one for WWI

?

He's probably wondering what he can actually get away with and is giving it a go.

Tony

Edit: just looked at his feedback and none of the items sold can be viewed, I wonder why ........

?

Thanks for the info on what to look for

As collectors of helmets, we are all looking to add something different to our collections, and of course people see that the prices reflect this with military and home front helmets with additional markings etc, as I see it, with so many badly faked and some very good fakes out there at the moment, I think the real rare helmets of the future are going to be the plain helmets, as one by one they get changed into something they never were !
    Gary

Quote by garys39 View Post
    As collectors of helmets, we are all looking to add something different to our collections, and of course people see that the prices reflect this with military and home front helmets with additional markings etc, as I see it, with so many badly faked and some very good fakes out there at the moment, I think the real rare helmets of the future are going to be the plain helmets, as one by one they get changed into something they never were !
    Gary
    You're not wrong Gary, this has long ago become the case with German no decal M42 helmets. Try finding a nice one of those these days without a fake SS decal slapped on the side! A nice no decal M42 is now rarer than a good decaled Luftwaffe lid! Leon.

Quote by garys39 View Post
    Gary
    Agreed it is becoming hard to find good WWII British helmets now just like it did with German helmets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2