Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Early home front helmet

Article about: After a wipe down and taking pictures that are a little better than the last lot I thought I'd post them, hopefully the colour shows up better than last time. I went out looking for a BD blo

?

Default Early home front helmet

After a wipe down and taking pictures that are a little better than the last lot I thought I'd post them, hopefully the colour shows up better than last time. I went out looking for a BD blouse, didn't see one I liked and was very happy to find this helmet instead.

The liner retention nut has some corrosion so I haven't managed to remove the liner to look for any hidden stampings.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early home front helmet   Early home front helmet  

Early home front helmet   Early home front helmet  

NCA
    ?

Nice early lid...non standard Warden markings.

?

Nice factory finish khaki green smooth, quite hard to find a wardens helmet not painted in the standard black which was brought in in 1939.

Hi, a nice early "tan" wardens helmet, I have an "A" example just like it. Leon.

very nice example tony

?

Thank you all for the comments.

As I said, I was very pleased to find it and at a price I thought was reasonable, a double bonus. I might put a drop of oil on the liner thread to see if I can loosen it and clean that corrosion off.

Tony

Very nice early Homefront Lid and in good condition too,thanks for sharing.............