Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.

Article about: Got this off the bay last week,really nice early Warden's Helmet,wanted an early example supporting a mk1 liner.

Default Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.

Got this off the bay last week,really nice early Warden's Helmet,wanted an early example supporting a mk1 liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.   Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.  

Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.   Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.  

looks to be a really good one Jake.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jake, you can't go wrong with this one, it has a cracking liner as well, super addition. Leon.

?

Nice looking wardens helmet

?

Yes that's really nice and with an excellent looking liner too.

Tony

Thanks guys for the positive comments,will retake the pics when i have a sort out of stuff.

Very nice Jake the liner looks to be in perfect condition, a great helmet and thanks for posting it.

Matt

Only just opened the box,been in the loft for a fortnight,anyway the two "W"are differant,both liner + Bales dated 1938,no visible marking to shell most likely due to the gloss black paint,looks better in hand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.   Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.  

Early Mk2 Wardens Helmet.  

?

Shell made by F&L, dated 1939.
    I like the two different W's, shows that when they realized that having a letter on the rear of a helmet helped identify people at an incident.

Thanks Aaron,your input is always welcomed,am I right in assuming when these Lids left the factory only one "W" was painted on?and i read a post of yours some time ago that the second "W" was added around 1940 sometime?also how did you know the shell maker?thanks as always.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast