Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ex ARP(now "R") MKII HELMET

Article about: Good morning friends, I am waiting on this Rescue helmet that is a 1939 dated shell and liner. Apparently it was an ARP marked helmet that was period over painted leaving only the "R&qu

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    As the war was drawing to a close, I think DC parties were reduced, a bit like the home guard right at the end of the war.
    I think RP/S is probably the hardest to find, RP/ Sewage. Haven't even seen one before, & RP/G for gas, are also quite hard to get.
    Have you ever seen a picture with RP/S, I've not heard of it before....I thought I had the set of 4. I did see an RP/U once for Underground, but was sceptical.

?

I wonder if U is for utility, have just seen an RP/L?
    & no, I have not seen an RP/S unfortunately.

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    I wonder if U is for utility, have just seen an RP/L?
    & no, I have not seen an RP/S unfortunately.
    Thanks, I saw the RP/L, I was doing a search in the hope of finding and RP/S, it actually looked like it could have been an RP/E with damaged paint but after a closer look it isn't. Repair Party Light would mean there is a RP/H out there somewhere....it's never ending.

?

You did the same as me then & yes, never ending. Which keeps it more interesting.

im not sure how i missed this one leon but very nice all the same and how nice are the overpainted and stecilled example's Aaron has shown each helmet tells a story about its history ,i wonder how tempting it must be to strip back
    cheers for sharing
    james
    Regards James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2