MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

F.a.n.y. Mki*

Article about: Sadly not mine but in a friends collection, a lovely MKI* with flashed to the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry (FANY), a very rare helmet I think, also note it is a raw edge, with WWI makers marks

Default F.a.n.y. Mki*

Sadly not mine but in a friends collection, a lovely MKI* with flashed to the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry (FANY), a very rare helmet I think, also note it is a raw edge, with WWI makers marks tot he shell and MKI chin strap lugs and chin strap. A real beauty that is not for sale though if I offered enough money for it he would sell it.

Where is that drool emoticon when you need it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F.a.n.y. Mki*   F.a.n.y. Mki*  

F.a.n.y. Mki*   F.a.n.y. Mki*  

F.a.n.y. Mki*   F.a.n.y. Mki*  

F.a.n.y. Mki*  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Impressive Jerry,you not tempted to dip into your pocket to purchase such a rare bird?looks the business Bud,the whole collection is pretty spectacular to the eye,some serious mk1/2's sitting on those shelves.........

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Impressive Jerry,you not tempted to dip into your pocket to purchase such a rare bird?looks the business Bud,the whole collection is pretty spectacular to the eye,some serious mk1/2's sitting on those shelves.........
    I am very tempted by it and many of the others he has and I have only shown a % of what he has as it is hard to take pictures of it all. He has a lot of home front items, bd's, the helmets, paper work, caps medals, etc......
    Regards,

Jerry

That is one great helmet and collection Jerry. Your friend is very fortunate to have amassed such a great variety of Home Front items. Leon.

I just wanted to add that these incredible collections have taken decades to amass,back in the day when it wasn't the done thing to collect,and choices and availability were much more widespread,I honestly believe that in todays market without the right contacts and financial backing you would be hard pressed at best to be able to achieve anything that even comes close to this,we can only try and keep searching.........and you say Jerry that this is only a snip of the entire collection..............

?

Well I would buy it if given a chance, but as said great collection of helmets & other stuff.

He was talking about when he got a lot of these lids for £20 each, which was a lot of money and they were not that popular back then I would think.

If offered the right price he would sell any or all of them.

I would like to get my hands on the FANY and I might see what he would take for it next time I see him. I also really like the one with the 3 mushrooms on which as yet no one knows what it is for. I remember when he got that one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F.a.n.y. Mki*  
    Regards,

Jerry

NCA
    ?

Nice collection!I like the Mushroom collectors helmet....

SMP
    ?

Lovely looking MKI*
    ( I was going to say nice FANY - but that didn't sound right ! )

?

Have some of them magic mushrooms & it might.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast