Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover

Article about: My latest acquisition, from an experienced Falklands War collector who some people here will know from other groups, who got it direct from a rather troubled Veteran of the war down south. I

Default Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover

My latest acquisition, from an experienced Falklands War collector who some people here will know from other groups, who got it direct from a rather troubled Veteran of the war down south.

It has a field added hessian/sacking cover with splodges of paint added to help camouflage it over the top of its textured khaki green paint which appears to have survived very well. The circular part of the liner is dated 1980, the cradle 82 and the sock 76 and the shell is a Raw Edge which were only made in 1953 by BMB.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover   Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover  

Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover   Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover  

Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover   Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover  

Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

nice looking lid jerry.

Quote by bananamafia View Post
    nice looking lid jerry.
    Thanks Ed. always good to get one with known history, or at least part of it.
    Regards,

Jerry

I carefully peeled back the cover on this last night just to look....... Named inside the Chappel 6230 and also marked 581 in black on a yellow square.

paintwork on the outride is nearly mint, obviously repainted a the time it was refurbished as a MKV.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover   Falklands war Veterans MKIV(V) raw edge with camo cover  

Regards,

Jerry

Very nice pick up Jerry.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Very nice pick up Jerry.
    Thanks Paul.

I picked it up in march but only peeled the cover back last night
    Regards,

Jerry

A very nice helmet with a lot of character! Congrats!

Mart