Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fantasy MKK on ebay?

Article about: Hello, I would really like to know your opinion on something I have never come across before, It seems this seller is the repository of the most unusual MKII helmets on the market today. Hav

Default Fantasy MKII on ebay?

Hello, I would really like to know your opinion on something I have never come across before, it seems this seller is the repository of the most unusual MKII helmets on the market today.
    Having seen the artifacts previously on sale, some so obviously misleading, I doubt this one to be anywhere close to reality.
    Could it be that amongst so many dubious items, previously offered, this one could be a real period job?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Paolo

description:
    A genuine British WW2 Camouflaged Steel Helmet. Original liner dated 1939 + strap.Lovely smooth khaki inner with shell marked BMB. Outer with its original Desert Camouflage finish.This is cloth and either made from a gas cape or Field dressing bandages which has been applied.Helmet in nice condition. Remains of red, yellow and green div sign to the side which is either Royal Signals or possibly Middlesex Yeomanry. This from the large helmet collection we purchased at the end of last year.The owner having passed away in his 80's and having collected for many years .The helmets totalled over 50...A RARE Helmet.

Fantasy MKK on ebay?Fantasy MKK on ebay?Fantasy MKK on ebay?Fantasy MKK on ebay?Fantasy MKK on ebay?Fantasy MKK on ebay?
    Last edited by soldatidiplastica; 03-03-2016 at 10:18 PM.

?

Thought there might have been a bit more wear around the lining securing nut and bolt, but who knows with this seller.

?

Isn't one of the purposes of camouflage to change the shape or silhouette? Gluing cloth to the outline only gets rid of any reflections.

I imagine it's being sold by someone who often uses the word 'sleeper' in his descriptions, he/she is someone I wouldn't want to buy from even if the item is obviously 110% genuine.

Tony

Who is the seller?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Who is the seller?
    Everyone's favourite military trader WW2 British Steel Helmet Desert Camo Cloth Cover Unit DIV Sign 1939 Original | eBay

MKII dome pad in MKI liner. If it looks too good to be true etc.....

On principal I would pass as I will never give this seller any of my money. As I have posted before, he does have good unmessed with items, but the pimping of some is crooked and he should not be allowed to trade IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SMP
    ?

I have bought at least one nice helmet from this seller, but others ( most ?) have not been so lucky !

Not a helmet I would want to own

Hi, not a helmet I would be happy to trust being an un-messed with example, bearing in mind the seller. Leon.

You will need to do a search on the seller here and on WAF nigel flitter 😅

I've always been of the belief that a true Helmet will always sell itself,that fact this item has a stupid starting price suggests otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast