MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in

Article about: Got this today after waiting almost 2 weeks and wow what a nice helmet and its also named , from what some of you guys told me its consider a experimental helmet as some collectors call it a

?

Default Mexican Mle-26

I would agree that it is a Mexican copy of the Mle-26. They seem to be quite scare, and to be found with liners almost never (reportedly most of the liners for these helmets were burnt during an anthrax scare.) Here is mine, with an infantry badge. See Casques du Combat vol.3 pp.253-4 for more information.
    Roger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in   Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in  

?

Default "Mle-22"

Quote by chevyfan2k9 View Post
    Seb, found out its a French m22 transitional helmet before the m26 and I think it did have a bigger badge on the front but was reused during ww2 and rf badge added is my guess
    I agree with Seb, there is no such thing as a Mle-22. The term is often used for export helmets from the 1920s, they are like the Mle-15 but have a one piece body. They are made of magnetic steel, have a crimped rim and a slot instead of holes for ventillation. Jugoslavia bopught a large quantity, many were subsequently captured by Bulgaria and refurbished and reissued to the Chemical and Air defence organisation.
    Roger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in   Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in  

Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in   Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in  

Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in   Finally got my rare French Adrian helmet in  

?

Default French Mle-23

The transitional French helmet is the Mle-23. Real Mle-23s are very hard to find, and indeed my own example is not terrific. it is made of manganese steel, has a separate rim (of magnetic steel) and the small ventilation holes found in the Mle-26. The liner, however is attached the old way with staples, not the sprung suport (lamelles de support du coiffe). Note the crest is riveted to the body, which is a quick way to distinguish it from Italian Adrian helmets.
    Roger

This has turned into quite an educational thread, thank you for the additional information!
    I learned something new today, and welcome to the Forum!
    cheers, Glenn

Thank you RVLucy for this usefull additional informations.

Seb

Sorry I ment m23 but thanks for the info roger, the badge on front has been there for awhile but doesn't go with helmet now that I know it's a Mexican helmet, only info I got was from a old thread which I post below which sorta makes since

The M23: Two piece non-magnetic steel Construction, like the M26. Four to six tongued leather liner, like the M26. Attached to the shell by the rivetless soldering, like the M15 of four spring brackets like those of the M26. Some M23's can be found vented by both slotted and perforated domes.

Most of these "experimental" M23's went to Yugoslavia only to be captured by Bulgaria and reissued to their soldiers. A small amount went to Mexico

Quote by RVLucy View Post
    I would agree that it is a Mexican copy of the Mle-26. They seem to be quite scare, and to be found with liners almost never (reportedly most of the liners for these helmets were burnt during an anthrax scare.) Here is mine, with an infantry badge. See Casques du Combat vol.3 pp.253-4 for more information.
    Roger
    i live in Mexico, and several Adrians have passed thru my hands and my collection, and in fact, NONE had ever a liner, in very rare cases there is the chinstrap. There are REAL french Adrians that where used by the Mexican Army durint the 1930-40.. y even have one marked by the maker: FRANCK.
    Besides this, there are some with ribbets, and others withouth (like your nice example).. weird examples show up painted with bright red paint with black spots, a veeeery strange camo it seems...
    Mexican Adrians are world to themselves..

Quote by toutfou View Post
    Finally, i get the answer.

This is a Mexican made helmet, to overcome the lack of french mdl26 helmet.

there should be a marking inside : "Hecho en Mexico"

The Infanterie insignia is a bad copy.

Sorry for you, it's not a MDL23. but this helmet is intersting.

I will let you know if i saw a good mdl23 for sale.

regards
    Mexican Adrians never say HECHO EN MEXICO... even thou it seems that there is a certain amount made in Mexico.. but there are also original frenchies here..
    Look at the following link "MEXICO" ( all in espaƱol), for me the best reference for MX-Army Adrians ( & other helmets too):

MEXICO

Here is another Mexian made Adrian that passed thru my hands.. also NO RIVETS on this one.. and a very strange, parcially preserved "poison-green with black" camo, the original olive green camo has been exposed to show the "helmets history"..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2