Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Flaws in a Mk4-5 Helmet

Article about: Good afternoon Gents, This brings my tally to 29 Mk4 &Mk5's, When i saw it on ebay it was via my Iphone so the pic was small and i was thinking the Hessian was a later addtion but its Bo

Default Flaws in a Mk4-5 Helmet

Good afternoon Gents, This brings my tally to 29 Mk4 &Mk5's, When i saw it on ebay it was via my Iphone so the pic was small and i was thinking the Hessian was a later addtion but its Bonded to the shell and rust has bled through the top. Whilst Having a rummage for dates on the shell,Which i cant find any. I notice a few flaws in the shell itself, the top screwis the flathead type. Has anyone else seen such Flaws and could anyone Hazzard a guess at the age IE will it be a 45 made helmet.. The sock is dated 80 and liner band 79
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flaws in a Mk4-5 Helmet   Flaws in a Mk4-5 Helmet  

Flaws in a Mk4-5 Helmet   Flaws in a Mk4-5 Helmet  

Not seen distorted 3s, 4s or 5s before

I did place the cover back and Corrected the liner, I kinda feel like i should remove the hessian so i can see the ripples in the metal...
    Last edited by combathelmets247; 09-08-2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: My Spelling *****