Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Found in my Grandfather's basement.

Article about: My grandfather was in Korea, but I don't think this helmet is from that era as it has leather internals. As you can see from the photographs it had a tiny metal clip-like thing on the front

fylerc1
    ?

Default Found in my Grandfather's basement.

My grandfather was in Korea, but I don't think this helmet is from that era as it has leather internals. As you can see from the photographs it had a tiny metal clip-like thing on the front and if you look carefully at the sides there was a shield emblem on each side. It looks like the shields were put on with some kind of plastic. They may have been applied after it's original use to dress it up. I don't know. I would like to know what it is before I give it away to some kid. The leather inside was the only thing that made me hesitate as I imagined that such a thing would indicate an older helmet.Found in my Grandfather's basement.Found in my Grandfather's basement.Found in my Grandfather's basement.

Default Re: Found in my Grandfather's basement.

I believe the helmet you have is a Spanish Model 1926 Helmet, looks to be a fairly nice one too

Thanks

Danny

FFI
    ?

Default Re: Found in my Grandfather's basement.

Hello, I confirm it is indeed a Spanish model 26 helmet........