Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

French Adrian M26 - No Badge Holes?

Article about: Hello All, I have spent a lot of time reading the forums here in the past, but this is my first time posting. Hopefully someone can help me solve my mystery. I picked up this helmet recently

Default French Adrian M26 - No Badge Holes?

Hello All,

I have spent a lot of time reading the forums here in the past, but this is my first time posting. Hopefully someone can help me solve my mystery.

I picked up this helmet recently. I'm certain it's an M26 Adrian, but I can't seem to figure out/find an explanation for why it was produced without badge holes in the front. It's green khaki overpaint with the typical blue underneath. You can see the blue on the inside of the helmet. I believe it has the original chinstrap, but it unfortunately did not have a liner.

I know that the French produced the M15's for the Italians, Russians, and others, that did not include badges. Did they do the same with m26's? My theory is that it was and M26 produced for another country, but I can't seem to find any information, or helmets like mine without the badge holes.

Thank you!

Default Forgot to add pictures

French Adrian M26 - No Badge Holes?French Adrian M26 - No Badge Holes?French Adrian M26 - No Badge Holes?French Adrian M26 - No Badge Holes?

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Smith.

I'm sure someone will be around to help.

Not a helmet type I study so sorry but I can't help beyond the fact that I have had one like this since I was a kid...packed away for the last 30 years...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Italian helmet ?

LA GRANDE GUERRE h
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

French M.26 without the holes for the emblem were export helmets and used during the Spanish civil war.

French Adrian M26 - No Badge Holes?

?

im fairly certain that just about every casque adrian without badge holes is an export model. Here in the Netherlands we imported 100000 M15 casque adrian's without badge holes in them as testing helmets, although they didnt stand to the test and we got our own model.

Regards,
    Bas

Thank you. This appears to be case. Primary sources are the best! With some direction to my search, a variety of helmets were worn by both sides, but it seems like the Republicans mostly wore the Adrians.

have a look at this site. plenty of information.

ESPAÑOL ADRIAN FRANCÉS

cheers,
    emile