Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

French Helmet?

Article about: Please could some one tell Me exactly what this helmet is (on the left)and if it is of any value please?

?

Default French Helmet?

Please could some one tell Me exactly what this helmet is (on the left)and if it is of any value please?Attachment 706776

i can tell you its a french model 1915 adrian ,as for the frontal insignia im not sure but it might be a kingdom of serbs example possibly serbian or croatian
    Regards James

i THINK jAMES IS RIGHT.oops.

?

Thanks Guys. Thats a start.I know there is at least one member who is a expert on these and has a few Himself so hopefully He will be able to help further,

?

It is a French M15, Serbian badged helmet as James said. Not easy to find, don't let the conditon put you off, to find one where the badge looks original to the helmet is very important.

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve,please would You have any idea as to its value?

Here is a page from the "Illustrated War News" December 1916.
    The writing has come out a bit small. The helmets shown are Left to right top to bottom, Belgian Serbian Russian Roumanian.
    Apparently the Belgian Serbian and Russian are Khaki and the Roumanian is Blue.

Some pictures of my Serbian Adrian are below.
    I sent you a PM.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Helmet?  
    Attached Images Attached Images French Helmet?  French Helmet?  French Helmet?  French Helmet? 

?

Thank You Roger that is very helpful of You also welcome to the Forum.

?

Quote by lew07 View Post
    Thanks Steve,please would You have any idea as to its value?
    Value is very subjective, I find an'Advanced search' on ebay for sold listings a good indicator of what people actually pay, but of course you need to know your subject because there is some odd stuff on there.
    If you do one for this helmet two come up, one is actually Yugoslavian and advertised correctly as a repro which sold for $200 the other is Serbian (I'm not personally sure I like the paint) and has no liner and sold for $590.