Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Greetings and a little help in identifying a helmet

Article about: Greetings folks, Recently i aquired a helmet and by trying to identify the model i ended up on this forum, so i thgouht to ask the gurus here to shed some light and help out in identifying t

?

Default Greetings and a little help in identifying a helmet

Greetings folks,

Recently i aquired a helmet and by trying to identify the model i ended up on this forum, so i thgouht to ask the gurus here to shed some light and help out in identifying the exact model.

My searching has gotten me to believe that the helmet is a french mod 51/56 helmet but alas i am not sure if it trully is that or a copy as well as if the liner is original for it or something added after.

The helmet has a rear seam and swivel bails on it.

But i'll post some pics instead of typing

Greetings and a little help in identifying a helmetGreetings and a little help in identifying a helmetGreetings and a little help in identifying a helmetGreetings and a little help in identifying a helmetGreetings and a little help in identifying a helmetGreetings and a little help in identifying a helmetGreetings and a little help in identifying a helmetGreetings and a little help in identifying a helmet

Any help would be appreciated.

Mainza

Welcome and indeed you are correct French M51 OTAN.

?

Thank you for the prompt reply, it's a relief to know i have a piece of original history in my possesion. Should go well with my(probablly fake) 37. inf division ink stamp

Mainza

These are very collectible indeed,especially when you see how many differant Shell and Liner makers there was,I've always like them,especially the M56 TAP version (Airborne), nice Helmet to own,thanks for sharing............

?

It kinda dropped in my lap by chance, a buddy of mine who knows my fascination with military historical items found it in a garage and brough it to me as a gift.

So i guess i owe him a beer or two

Very good of your friend,I would buy him that drink...............