Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC

Article about: Gents I am having a hard time locating any decent detailed images of the head phones and microphone that would have been used with the Early Canadian Second Pattern Tankers Crash Helmet they

?

Default Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC

Gents I am having a hard time locating any decent detailed images of the head phones and microphone that would have been used with the Early Canadian Second Pattern Tankers Crash Helmet they would have been laced up in the headphone pockets on the scrum and or the correct ones used with the Mk I HCRAC all the reference images I have in my books are not very detailed and are in black or white and as I have both styles in my collection that need to be rigged up I was wondering if any of you gents could help me out I assume the British style would be very similar in appearance to there Canadian cousins .
    I am looking to acquire the bits and bobs I would need to complete my two display's but I am finding this difficult as to be quite honest I am not exactly shur what they look like as some of the RCAF/RAF headphones look very similar in appearance any help would be appreciated.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC   Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC  

Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC   Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC  

Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC  

?

The British used the 19 set in their armoured vehicles, so probably the Canadians did also.
    Mine is rigged up with one of these sets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC   Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC  

Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC   Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC  

Attached Images Attached Images Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC 

?

Thanx Aaron I appreciate the speedy response.

Regards Mark

Hi Mark,

I have a set of WWII CDN headphones, I took some photos on my last visit to Japan.

Unfortunately, all of my photos were lost when I transferring to a new phone, bugger !!

Anyway, the headphone cups are able to detach from the metal head rest, and can be installed in the CDN tankers helmet' s "radio pouch".

The Canadians also used U.S. made headphones. (Probably used in Lee, Sherman type of tanks) For reference: USAF standard helmet communications

I also have a CDN marked U.S. made strap-on (leg) Morse Code Key. Identical to this (except with British/CDN square brass buckles and webbing straps):

Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC Head phones for Canadian second pattern tankers crash helmet/Mk I HCRAC

Here is one "Tannoy" microphone for sale at Collector's Guild -- The Collector's Guild
    British No. 31 Wireless headsets -- The Collector's Guild

Hope they help.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Many thanks Taka very helpful indeed this gives me something to work with although Peter would appear to have some of what I need at the Guild I will look around some first to see what I can find because half the fun of collecting of course is in the hunt for those items one needs to complete a portion of ones collection and or a display

Regards Mark

Anytime, Mark.

Yes, I agree that hunting around to complete a collection is fun, however I collect lots of categories, so it is pain in the butt sometimes.

I've opened too many fronts, the more I know the more I want, lol!

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Isn't that the truth Taka one of my biggest problems is I have so many varied interests when it comes to collecting military that it does become overwhelming at times I have only started to settle down and concentrate on a couple of different fields in the last year or so .
    I find it very hard though and still cant help my self at times when I find an item I take a liking to but I do find great satisfaction when I get to complete a project and or display

Regards Mark

Very true and it is so hard to just stick to a chosen collecting field, though I am trying, honest.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank GOD that I'm not the only one, hehe !

Cheers!
    Taka

?

I have a chosen field of collecting military, just about anything I can find!!!! LOL

Dean O

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast