Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet Dug up in northern France

Article about: I recently went to a local antique shop and was asked by the owner if I was interested in a helmet his friend had given to him some time ago. From first glance I thought it was another Briti

Default Helmet Dug up in northern France

I recently went to a local antique shop and was asked by the owner if I was interested in a helmet his friend had given to him some time ago. From first glance I thought it was another British MK2 helmet dug up in France which I've seen a lot of recently. It was only £5 so I took it if his hands, He then told me that his friend had built a house in Northern France somewhere very near Beux and they found it in the ground when they were digging the foundations. Apparently they also found a few empty shells and various bits of shrapnel. The helmet it's self is in very bad condition and I could not make out any dates or any marks at all for that matter. If anybody could please tell me if they know of any battles that took place specifically in the beux area or anything else I'd very much appreciate it as I'm a tiny bit stuck on this one Helmet Dug up in northern FranceHelmet Dug up in northern FranceHelmet Dug up in northern FranceHelmet Dug up in northern FranceHelmet Dug up in northern FranceHelmet Dug up in northern FranceHelmet Dug up in northern FranceHelmet Dug up in northern FranceHelmet Dug up in northern FranceHelmet Dug up in northern France

Default Re: Helmet Dug up in northern France

Nice looking helmet. Welcome to the forum.

It is a WW2 example. The springs would have been hidden in the cloth chinstrap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Sometimes the date will be on the chin strap lugs, it will be 1938 or 1939