Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet flash to ID

Article about: Was curious to know if anyone could ID this helmet flash please

?

Default Helmet flash to ID

Was curious to know if anyone could ID this helmet flash pleaseHelmet flash to ID

Hi John,

Formation signs and in particular helmet flashes are not really my forte and some helmet markings can be very "local" so I apply a bit of lateral thinking here! I don't think I have seen this exact design before but Royal Signals training regiment cadres 1, 5 & 7 wore felt triangles on their uniforms which were ; light blue, orange and white respectively. White is a common feature in R. Sigs markings and in this case might serve the purpose of emphasising the blue against the green of the helmet. Just a thought but could this represent No1 Royal Signals Training Regiment Cadre?

Let us know if you work it out

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank You Mark for your idea and reasoning, it could well be, this helmet also displays a bullet hole so I wondered if it was a combat unit

Quote by JohnF View Post
    Thank You Mark for your idea and reasoning, it could well be, this helmet also displays a bullet hole so I wondered if it was a combat unit
    Could you please show the liner with any marks on it and the shell? Also a pic of the bullet hole would possibly be illuminating.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."