Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helmet Id

Article about: Hi, It's a standard MkII, it has MkIII chin strap lugs so would be post Feb39, the liner is a MkI so dates that 37-39. The date should be by the chin strap lugs or front or rear of the helme

Default Helmet Id

Can anyone help with this helmet, the only markings I can see is the size on the liner strap which is a red number 7.

Thanks z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Id   Helmet Id  

Helmet Id  

Default Re: Helmet Id

Its British WW2 and it could be a fireman's helmet because of the red paint. - Nick K

Looks like the shape of a civil defense helmet.

Looks like a standard mkII to me.

?

idd, it looks like a mkII.

You can find the date of the shell under that thing you put the chinstrap on (I don't know the name in english). Thats where i found the dates on my helmets.

The date of the liner can normaly be found under the size ( size - manufacturer - roman number - year)

Vinc.

This is what I though it looked like...but then again I could be wrong. Still learning.
    Attached Images Attached Images Helmet Id 

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    This is what I though it looked like...but then again I could be wrong. Still learning.
    It's not the same shape as yours. I took the liner out but cannot see any markings.

z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Id   Helmet Id  

Helmet Id  
    Last edited by zephyr4; 12-24-2010 at 05:30 PM.

?

Turn the liner over, where your head rests, on one of the cross pieces, there should be the size and date, but this will only be for the liner, the date for the helmet if there is one should be by one of the chin strap posts under the rim, and to me its a Mk II

?

Here is a site with a lot of information but it's in French: .: Casque Anglais Mark II :.
    It has a lot of pictures too so if you can't read french you can look to them and you see whrer the markings are.

Vinc.

Thanks for the link. Google translates ok, I have had another look but I cannot find any markings on the helmet.
    Here is a picture of the marking on the liner.

z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Id  
    Last edited by zephyr4; 12-24-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast