Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet need to be identified!

Article about: Hi guys, found this helmet online for sale with very little information about it.Could anyone tell me more about it?Value? Sorry for the pictures, but those are the only two that comes with

Ted
    ?

Default Helmet need to be identified!

Hi guys,

found this helmet online for sale with very little information about it.Could anyone tell me more about it?Value?
    Sorry for the pictures, but those are the only two that comes with an add.Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet need to be identified!   Helmet need to be identified!  

WWII British Civil Defense Helmet, also known as the "Zuckermann"...
    cheers, Glenn

What Glenn said, value on a plain example in average condition is c. £15 imo
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ted
    ?

Thanks guys.

They are regarded as a little mundane by some folks, i reckon they deserve a place in any collection!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    They are regarded as a little mundane by some folks, i reckon they deserve a place in any collection!...
    I have a plain one and looked at few with logo's today and I will probably add at least one at some stage.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have to be honest and say that I have never been interested in these, BUT!!!!! I have to add that there are some really nice Home Front marked variations with this type of helmet, and they are going to go through the roof sooner or later, just like their MKII compatriots. Leon.

Agreed....there are some wonderfully marked / painted Zucks out there and they would make a very impressive display....AND they're ALWAYS at a Car Boot / Swap Meet / Antique Fair.....in fact, I think it's a condition of the event that there HAS to be a CPH there before they can let the public in.... :-)

Hi Ted,
    as they wrote many Friends of the Forum in their comments, I too believe that these helmets are often underestimated, however are still an interesting part of history, if it may be useful, we had addressed the topic in this thread:

Two "new" Zuckerman helmets

Cheers
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 08-14-2016 at 12:49 PM. Reason: word correction