Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Helmet South African WW2 ETO Broadie

Article about: by reneblacky G'day All, I'm posting this whilst on holidays in Johannesburg. I bought this helmet today and is very interesting because the original owner has place a hankie for sun protect

Default Re: Helmet South African WW2 ETO Broadie

Hello Rene,

any chance of putting the original photo back up from this thread? Cheers mate I'd love to see it.

p.s hope you don't mind me pinching your photo tinlid for my thread? Cheers in advance!

Quote by canti44 View Post
    Hello Rene,

any chance of putting the original photo back up from this thread? Cheers mate I'd love to see it.

p.s hope you don't mind me pinching your photo tinlid for my thread? Cheers in advance!
    I love that photo too,
    Just so you know,i believe the picture is of an Aussie soldier in Egypt,so i doubt whether it would be a South African MkII he is wearing.(but could be )
    Cheers Mick

Hi Mick,

I was aware that the photo was presumed Australian because of the gaiters I think? - but what I also noticed in a thread posted by yourself 'History of the South African Mk 11' right at the bottom of the transcript..

'We wonder if some of the South African helmets sent to the EGSC from early 1941 have liners from Jager Rand dated 1941-1945? Possibly some of these helmets may have found their way to Australia or New Zealand.'

It does add interest doesn't it?

Cheers, Ian.

Hi Mick,

I was aware that the photo was presumed Australian because of the gaiters I think? - but what I also noticed in a thread posted by yourself 'History of the South African Mk 11' right at the bottom of the transcript..

'We wonder if some of the South African helmets sent to the EGSC from early 1941 have liners from Jager Rand dated 1941-1945? Possibly some of these helmets may have found their way to Australia or New Zealand.'

It does add interest doesn't it?

Cheers, Ian.
    Yes Ian,i reckon these South African MkIIs are extremely interesting,because of the lack of information about them.They make a great research topic.
    I think if i ever found a photo of one with an officially attached neck flap,id drop dead on the spot
    Mick

Hello Rene,

Here you go, some new pictures

Great example and glad to see the pics are back up. Interesting that he has the flap holes at the front.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3