Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet from Tarawa

Article about: That is a very nice gruping you have there...

Default Re: Helmet from Tarawa

That is a very nice gruping you have there...

?

Quote by Gneagle View Post
    That liner was with all his stuff. He owned a convenience store and had all that stuff set up like a mini museum. Or at least that's what his relatives told me. Had everything marked. I have no idea where he may have gotten the liner. I never actually saw the set-up. I never went in his store until after he died. It was an old timey store/house combo.
    perhaps he use to use those liners as souvenir type items for anyone that wanted one that came into his store ???

Maybe he displayed the newer liner with his original gear and put all the info on the newer liner for informational purposes. So he wouldn't have to answer the same questions over an over.

I'll ask his Niece about the liner but doubt she knows anything. I tried calling her today, to get those photos she promised me but she didn't answer.

I'm seeing something out of whack here. It looks like the suspension harness is actually mounted in the steel shell. It also looks like the remnants of the rayon harness which was the early type?? But I don't see the remains of the original liner. Can you get some better shots of this? Yes the liner sitting by it's self is 60s, late pattern.

I think it's a nice group on things! Enjoy and take care of it.

?

Quote by browningautorifle View Post
    I'm seeing something out of whack here. It looks like the suspension harness is actually mounted in the steel shell. It also looks like the remnants of the rayon harness which was the early type?? But I don't see the remains of the original liner. Can you get some better shots of this? Yes the liner sitting by it's self is 60s, late pattern.
    I dont see what you do, thats the original liner that has the damage to it and not the metal shell, since when does the outer shell have a cloth weave in the composition?

I expanded the photo and now I see the liner's still in the steel helmet. I couldn't see the liner at first and could just see the stainless steel of the rim. The metal shell shares the damage anyway. By the way Dave, I'm asking Gneagle for pics. I don't know HOW that involves YOU.

?

Because thats what this forum is all about offering opinions and sensible comments and hopefully not receiving assinine remarks in return, i pointed out something that you obviously hadnt seen therefore was trying to help, if thats the way you wish to treat this forum and its members , fine, but dont be surprised if you get a flea in your ear now and then

Sure thing pal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast