Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern

Article about: Just hit the buy it button on a dealers site on this one, a HCDR economy with MP? markings. The covering flaps over the ears are missing but otherwise it looks pretty good. See post #2 below

?

The reason I asked about the size, date, maker,I had one many years ago that had a post war civil liner in. Which I sent back to the seller.
    So you can't be to sure until you get it in hand to check the leather sweat band,but hopefully yours will be fine.
    Here's the pictures, as you can see, it was laced up wrong, & no date on liner.
    Whether the shell was post war too, not sure.
    The size number on the shell should match up to a certain size of the liner.
    & yes, they are hard to find, the HCRAC even more so.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern   Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

Hi Jerry, an interesting find, I cannot say that I have ever come across one of these before either, so it looks as though you have picked up a bit of a rarity! Well done, Leon.

Thanks Aaron for the clarification and what to watch out for.

Thanks Leon, glad to get it and to have an uncommon addition to my collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I think it might be ok if the lines not right i hope the liner is to.

It has arrived and has the same liner markings as that shown by Aaron in post 32 of the sticky thread on DR helmets, though it is too late here for piccies and I have yet to find a WD arrow mark on it, but the makers mark on the liner is identical. British Motor Cyclist's helmets of WWII

I have added his image until I can take my own.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

The ink stamps are on the inside of the leather sweat band, if they are you'll be able to date your nice example.
    Being a size 7 1/8, the shell should be marked with an arabic numeral 3.

It is a size 7 & 1/4 and appears to have a backward 4 on the shell. I'll check again in daylight on the shell stamp and also I cannot as yet find a WD mark or other dating evidence so far so that will also be done on the morrow in daylight.
    Regards,

Jerry

Some pictures of it taken today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern   Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern   Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern   Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

Regards,

Jerry

?

I really like this helmet Jerry it will display rather nicely and would look good with a nice worn set of goggles mounted on it for the purpose of display much like what I have done with my HSDR.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  

I took some better pics of it today.

Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast