Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern

Article about: Just hit the buy it button on a dealers site on this one, a HCDR economy with MP? markings. The covering flaps over the ears are missing but otherwise it looks pretty good. See post #2 below

A real expert on the MP's said that the ACI for their use of a painted insignia on this type of helmet would include a blue box with the letters MP at the front. See the attached image from BL Davies's British Army Uniforms & insignia p220, which shpws both types of the early DR helmet in use with a coloured band and a MP flash in a box.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmets Crash Despatch Rider economy pattern  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Probably way off here Jerry, but another avenue to think about. The way the red paint has crazed reminds me of exactly how the red paint on NFS helmets goes. Red bands for rank, & any other letters in red paint used on them.
    Just a thought, or it could be all red paint used on all helmets reacts like it does.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Probably way off here Jerry, but another avenue to think about. The way the red paint has crazed reminds me of exactly how the red paint on NFS helmets goes. Red bands for rank, & any other letters in red paint used on them.
    Just a thought, or it could be all red paint used on all helmets reacts like it does.
    A possibility though perhaps all red paint from the period reacts in this way. Certainly as I can't find a WD arrow it might be civilian issue, but I am not sure they would paint it this colour green if that was the case. The MP expert suggested it might be infantry and I also thought it may be Arty but perhaps it will remain a mystery.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3