Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help with brit mp helmet

Article about: as close as i can get

Default help with brit mp helmet

can i get some help with this please looked high and low with little luck . all i know is the mp were given these from 40-42 on
    has any one got a photo or seen one like this what one would cost to replace . its dated 1942 . thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help with brit mp helmet   help with brit mp helmet  

help with brit mp helmet   help with brit mp helmet  

Default Re: help with brit mp helmet

hi this helmet is a dispatch riders helmet but its missing the felt pads that surround the liner. the helmet its self is not that valuable you can pick them up from between £20 to £40 if you shop about i have 3 , 2 used and 1 unissued im not sure on the paint job maybe a post war repaint some on here is bound to know military police is not my subject

I would be really wary of this one as I believe the exterior paint is fake. Look at the red paint. Now observe how the white paint beneath the coat of red has imperfections, scuffs and scratches and so called "age wear". This makes no sence. I think it has been painted white, aged and then the red done on top.

Sorry but the value is now nil to a serious collector in this case.

Cheers, Ade.

thanks ! a real shame ..i am finding this brit and nz gear more hard then german stuff . seems to be a lot of bad gear around

Sadly there is no safe haven from the cheats, con men and fakers. British and Soviet items are faked just as much as anything German.

Cheers, Ade.

Panzer 2 although the period and authenticity are in question here I think it still looks like a great filler in any case.... I have always had a soft spot for the redcaps and I really do like your lid
    Brit and NZ gear do already have a lot of reproductions in amongst them but with NZ gear being my thing I like to think I can spot most of the repros and dodgy gear so sing out if you have any other NZ items you are worried about I will help wherever I can : )

Tim

i did have a few sets of felt and rubber pads for these helmets if i can find them amongst all my crap your welcome to a set to put the liner back as it should be

thanks to all for your help . this will be going back as i feel if its not right then keeping it would only taint every think als

Quote by Boyd9211 View Post
    Panzer 2 although the period and authenticity are in question here I think it still looks like a great filler in any case.... I have always had a soft spot for the redcaps and I really do like your lid
    Brit and NZ gear do already have a lot of reproductions in amongst them but with NZ gear being my thing I like to think I can spot most of the repros and dodgy gear so sing out if you have any other NZ items you are worried about I will help wherever I can : )

Tim
    thanks do think on the same lines as the others about it

To be honest on this one I agree with the above comments .... to a degree... there is a chance that it is origonal... be it a slim one... this may have been issued to a dispatch rider then reused as an MP's lid but like Ade says it doesnt really add up soooo.... catch 22 really... I still think it is a nice lid and with a little tlc to the liner it would still be a great lid for display all be it a questionable piece

Tim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast