Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.

Article about: Hi Forum, Annoyed from this ads?   I have obtained a couple of WW1 helmets. The second one here I think is a 1917 Doughboy - it has a solid rivet. But the first has a split pin but is m

Default Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.

Hi Forum,

I have obtained a couple of WW1 helmets. The second one here I think is a 1917 Doughboy - it has a solid rivet. But the first has a split pin but is missing the rubber ring found with British WW1 helmets, so perhaps this was provided to the US troops by the British prior to the US commencing manufacture. I would really appreciate it if somebody could confirm.

Many Thanks!

Paul
    Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.Help with a couple of WW1 Helmets.

Nothing wrong with these beauties Paul,doughnut ring was added june 1917,what you have is a mk1 brodie steel helmet from around oct 1916-june 1917,sure i will corrected if wrong...............

NCA
    ?

Nice helmets.The might have something printed inside the oilcloth liners...The very first Brodies had a raw edge i:e no rim.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nothing wrong with these beauties Paul,doughnut ring was added june 1917,what you have is a mk1 brodie steel helmet from around oct 1916-june 1917,sure i will corrected if wrong...............
    Jake many thanks for your response, this is very helpful to me. Kindest Regards Paul