Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with helmet net

Article about: hi guys would it be possible to tell me what age/date of this helmet net could be is it British WW2 ? thanks in advance for any info

?

Question Help with helmet net

hi guys

would it be possible to tell me what age/date of this helmet net could be is it British WW2 ?

thanks in advance for any info
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with helmet net   Help with helmet net  

Help with helmet net   Help with helmet net  

Help with helmet net  

Default Re: Help with helmet net

Aarons the best to ask Nick,should have added it to his existing thread,under ww2 British/canadian nets etc......I.M.H.O.........regards Jake.PS looks the part thou.

?

cheers Jake

didn't think about that maybe it could be moved to there by a mod ?

?

This type of net was used during WW2, but there is also a net which is very similar made by the Dutch post war for their M53. If the size is 16"x 16" then it's got a good chance of being WW2, if 18"x 18" could be WW2 or post.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with helmet net   Help with helmet net  

?

just measured it & with out stretching it too much its roughly 16" x 16"

?

Should be a WW2 one, the 16" nets fitted the Mk2 & all the other British helmets until the arrival of the Mk3 which was bigger.The Mk3 gave overall better protection by 12% than the Mk2, against horizontal missiles by 15%, & vertical missiles by 11%. So in 43/44 the nets had to be bigger, which made them also fit the US M1. I think the smaller 16" nets might have been discontinued about then but I'm not 100% sure. You can get an early woven net & the 16" knotted nets to fit an Mk3 but it's a bit of a struggle.

?

thanks for that info tinlid