Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help to identify this helmet

Article about: Hi i am having trouble identifying this helmet that i found stowd away underneath a 1940s fridge i recently brought from the dump here in nz....i have uploaded pictures for someone to assist

?

Default Help to identify this helmet

Hi i am having trouble identifying this helmet that i found stowd away underneath a 1940s fridge i recently brought from the dump here in nz....i have uploaded pictures for someone to assist.there are numbers stamped on the in side 1 020. the 1 is a few centermetres away from the [IMG][/IMG]other digits. also intials in red pen read JNP. and does the white spott represent anything.. ive noticed the top rivet has a nut on it and the other two are just normal rivits.. any help as to what year?what war? and some general infomation would be helpfull thanks.. im sure its ww2 though lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to identify this helmet   Help to identify this helmet  

Help to identify this helmet   Help to identify this helmet  

?

Default Re: Help to identify this helmet

From those pictures I think it is a WW2 British MkII helmet, there might be some dates / makers name on the liner.

?

Thank you. I just had a look on the liner nothing..only the 4 numbers stamped on the helmet itself..ill keep looking.

?

What do you think about the white dot on the front? where could i find more about this..? or is it just a rouge bit of paint lol!I would like to return this to its rightful owner.

Good luck with that !

You be it's rightful owner now.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by kiwee View Post
    What do you think about the white dot on the front? where could i find more about this..? or is it just a rouge bit of paint lol!I would like to return this to its rightful owner.
    Under a fridge,God help me
    Does it look like there is anything under the paint spot ? It could be covering something.
    And as Walkwolf says,its yours now it would be next to impossible to find its original owner,unless you know who dumped the fridge but i doubt it
    Good luck with it,its a great find
    Mick