Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help ID'ing military helmet

Article about: Hello all. I need some help ID'ing this helmet. I bought it at a yard sale a while back, and the seller didn't know anything about it. I thought it might be an early WWII U.S. helmet, but I'

owilly
    ?

Default Help ID'ing military helmet

Hello all. I need some help ID'ing this helmet. I bought it at a yard sale a while back, and the seller didn't know anything about it. I thought it might be an early WWII U.S. helmet, but I'm not sure. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

NCA
    ?

Default Re: Help ID'ing military helmet

Hi.Its not early US..i think its something like Dutch civil defence.US lids arent stamped on the brim and the chin strap looks european to me.Im sure there was one similar posted a while back?

Its a postwar Dutch made copy of a Tommy helmet, it is 1955 dated and the maker is VB (VerBlifa, Verinegde Blikfabrieken - united tin factory) and as was posted above they were for civil defence (BB). I have one which is more of a greenish colour. The liner is also Dutch made and the chinstrap and both are the postwar type. Most of these you see are 56 dated. It might have an inkstamp in the dome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help ID'ing military helmet   Help ID'ing military helmet  

Help ID'ing military helmet   Help ID'ing military helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

owilly
    ?

Thanks for the great info guys. And there is indeed a "56" inkstamp in the dome. PS - Great forum. Will have to spend some time here.

Great looking Dutch CD......

56 in white on the brown strap is the metric size, rather small.

Cheers,
    Emile